.-. _ ( `. .' ) `\ ` .' | | | | | 66|_ | ,__) |(,_| | | | \_, | | | | .' \ ( , ) '--' '-'
Remote controlling utilities for Kindle.
- Flip over Kindle with your smartphone.
- Currently only Kindle PaperWhite is supported, PW2/PW3 are not yet.
- Kindle still goes to sleep after 10 minutes, a temporary solution is running the searchbox command
~dsto disable screensaver, but only a restart can resume it. The other way is changing 10 minutes to longer by modifying
/etc/kdb/system/daemon/powerd/t1_timeout, but it’s readonly although I’ve run
- Button sizes won’t be adjusted correctly when the orientation of Android smartphones changes (from landscape to portrait or vice versa), a temporary solution is refreshing the page. iOS devices don’t have this problem.
- kindle/ Server-side files for Kindle.
Jailbreaking Kindle allows you to access its operating system.
For how to do that, refer to Kindle 5.6.5 越狱教程：支持所有 5.6.5 固件 in chinese or 5.6.5 Jailbreak (closed-kindle) – released! in english.
Install KUAL, MRPI and USBNetwork
KUAL is an application launcher for Kindle, MRPI is a package installer plugin for KUAL and USBNetwork is a package which provides SSH service for Kindle.
For how to do that, refer to Kindle 5.6.5 越狱插件资源下载及详细安装步骤 in chinese or the following in english:
- KUAL: Kindle Unified Application Launcher (v 2.6)
- MobileRead Package Installer
- Kindle Touch/PW1/PW2 5.0.x - 184.108.40.206 JailBreak. Plus FW 5.x USBNetwork.
As this project is mainly written in Python, so refer to FW 5.x ScreenSavers Hack.
Open Access to Port 8080
Lazybones communicates with remote controllers on port 8080, so add the following line to
-A INPUT -p TCP –dport 8080 -j ACCEPT
/opt/ and rename it to lazybones.
As Kindle uses Upstart to handle system startup jobs, run the following command to make Lazybones run automatically on OS startup:
Restart Kindle, enable WIFI and it should works.
;711 in the search box in Kindle and press Enter, this shows its WIFI infomation, find the IP address (assuming that’s 192.168.1.103) and visit
http://192.168.1.103:8080 on your smartphone.